Maqbool Bhat (February 18, 1938 – February 11, 1984) was a Kashmiri militant and co-founder of the Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front.He was hanged on February 11, 1984 in Tihar Jail on the verdict issued by an Indian Court.
Biography :: 11th February 2012 marks the 28th year of the execution and ‘post-execution imprisonment’ of Maqbool Bhatt who during the life course of his political struggle was tried, imprisoned and tortured several times as a ‘Pakistani Agent’ by the Indian and as an ‘Indian Agent’ by the Pakistani rulers. He himself stated in the Indian as well as in Pakistani courts that he was not an ‘Agent’ of one or the other occupier in his motherland but an agent of the freedom of Kashmir and Kashmiri people. In an Indian court where he was tried under the charges of ‘enemy agent’ he said: Over two decades and over one hundred thousand lives after his execution,
Hashim Qureshi (born 1 October 1953 in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir) is one of the founding members of Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) and is now the Chairman of Jammu Kashmir Democratic Liberation Party (JKDLP), one of the main separatist Kashmiri political organizations which strives to find a political solution to the Kashmir issue through peaceful and political activities.
Birth and childhood Born in the Nowhatta locality of Srinagar to Mohammad Khaleel Qureshi and Saeeda Begum, Hashim Qureshi comes from a middle class family. He studied at Islamia School, Srinagar. He started his political career at the young age of 14 by participating in demonstrations and stone pelting against Indian occupation in Kashmir. During a trip to Pakistan for his sister’s wedding, he met Maqbool Bhat in 1969 in Peshawar and joined his JKNLF.
Latest Articles & Posts
Aims & Objectives
1. The only solution of Jammu and Kashmir problem is of creating the independent and self ruled State of Jammu and Kashmir State.
2. The State of Jammu and Kashmir is geographically and politically one unit and indivisible. No part of this State is constitutionally or legally a part of any country.
3. The state of Jammu and Kashmir encompasses all those territories that formed it part on August 14, 1947.
4. Kashmir issue is not a territorial dispute between India and Pakistan. Our party does not recognize the resolution of January 4, 1949 of the United Nations that had been accepted by the Foreign Ministry of Pakistan after some modification. Our party also does not recognize Shimla Agreement because these agreements did not provide unconditional right of self-determination to the people living in the State.
5. No person not elected to the legislative assembly, no region of the State, no person or political leader or a foreign country enjoys the right to take any decision about any part of the state. The five units of the State, namely, Jammu, Ladakh, Kashmir Valley, Gilgit Baltistan and Poonch can elect their representatives and decide among themselves the nature of relationship they would like to have among the federating units on the basis of majority vote.
6. The interpretation of “azaadi” is that the forcible occupation of the State is to be resisted by the people of all the five units of the State by organizing civil disobedience movement and demonstration of public power based on the principle of non-violence and through democratic process. The State is to be liberated from occupational forces and a society based on the concept of peoples power is to be established in which (a) every man and woman will have the freedom to pursue his or her economic, religious and political beliefs (b) the governing system will be based on the principles of democratic justice and non-communal equality and tolerance (c) the state will be responsible for providing the people their basic needs, education, sustenance and medical facilities (d) no person belonging to the State will be forcibly deprived of his right to life and residence on the basis of his religious beliefs, ethnicity, caste, creed or language (e) education will be compulsory till Matriculation and child labour will be forbidden.
Books & Publications
- Book One
- Book Two
- Book Three
- Book Four
- Book Five
Quote for the Day
“YE KHUN CHICAGO KI SHAHRAHUN SE AZMATI I’TIBAR LAYA
YE KHUN FUCHEK KI SHAHRAG SE SHU’URYE ID-E-BAHAR LAYA
YE KHUN TAQADDUS’E FATIMI HAIN TAJALLI-E- TUR BAN GAYA HAIN
YE KHUN TARIK WADIYUN MAIN MINAR-E-NUR BAN GAYA HAIN”